How We Help
Keys 2 Culture: Awareness → Insight → Action
K2C educational activities are based on a model which is designed to take individuals and organizations through a process of exposure to concepts for global business effectiveness (Awareness); an opportunity to reflect on how those concepts play out in a unique context (Insight); and the identification of specific steps to ensure success (Action). You can expect K2C programs to be rigorous and intense, but stimulating and fun as well.
Keys 2 Culture understands the problems caused by cross-cultural communications. Our 2-day highly interactive learning and peer-to-peer study circle focuses on raising your awareness of these challenges. It features large and small group work, video and other cases, individual reflection, and work in pairs. We support your self-learning needs and encourage discovery learning through group activities.
Throughout the 2-day learning program, you will be challenged to reflect on the cultural basis for behavior. You will gain insight into how that impacts the different approaches people from various cultures will take to their work. You will also assess your cross-cultural communication skills. You will gain a better understanding of your own unique approach and emphasis when it comes to working in cross-cultural environments.
Keys 2 Culture will coach you on the best way to take action to improve your cross-cultural communication skills and to help you identify the most important intercultural competency areas for further development. We will suggest additional resources and will support your efforts to create a personalized development plan for these key areas. This plan will align with and supplement your existing work performance goals and will support your self-learning needs and style.
K2C will provide you with a personalized intercultural skill assessment along with key learnings that are most important to you and your organization. Listed below is a sample of the content and tools you can expect to explore in both our group instruction and individual coaching:
- The “MIS” Cycle
- Trust in Cross-Cultural Teams
- Major Cultural Orientations
- Bennett Model of Intercultural Sensitivity
- International English
- Use of Collaborative Technologies
- Cross-Cultural Conflict Styles
- Cross-Cultural Competencies
Do You Need Our Help?
Keys 2 Culture helps individuals and organizations to rapidly develop the intercultural competencies needed to work and do business internationally and across cultures. Being prepared to work across borders and cultures is an essential skill for today's global workforce. Keys 2 Culture can help small and large organizations as well as individuals who are:
- Involved in developing an international business
- Leading or working on either a multi-cultural team or a virtual, international team
- Responsible for a global product or project
- Getting ready for an international assignment
- Working with an international customer, supplier, or colleague
- Preparing students or employees for these environments
K2C programs include a combination of highly-interactive group learning experiences, and individualized coaching and tutoring. The outcome is shared concepts in your organization as you seek to work effectively across cultures, and the realization of individual development strategies for all participants. Some key elements of our program are:
- Assessment of existing cross-cultural skills on an individual and organizational basis
- Synthesis of cultural competency questionnaire results for individuals and organizations
- Written personalized, interpretive report related to an individual's work roles and responsibilities
- Instructor-led group training and peer-to-peer learning circles on cross-cultural competencies
- Coaching to increase awareness and insights into the individual's intercultural competencies
- Support for individual to develop a job-related development plan applicable to work in a cross-cultural setting
What WorldWork is Saying about K2C
“As a director of WorldWork I am excited at the prospect that Sue Bray has teamed up with Diane Landsiedel to form K2C. This was never going to be a start up, but a long awaited combination of immense experience and talent.
Sue brings airtight integrity and the consistent ability to exceed expectations on projects. She delights clients and participants with a winning combination of rigorous research, engaging modesty and clarity of purpose and delivery. As a recognised master user of many of our WorldWork tools she has become a key player in bringing international competency development not only to client organisations but also to the wider intercultural training community.
Diane, on the other hand, brings the flair of visionary thinking after many years as an innovative head of corporate educational programmes with partnerships around the world. As someone who successfully has placed Worldwork products into a corporate context, she knows how to integrate all the elements which together make a world-class learning development solution. We all look forward to continuing our close association with Sue and Diane in the future.”
Founding member and Director of WorldWork, London; President of TCO International Diversity Management, Italy; Founding member of the Society of Intercultural Education, Research and Training in Italy